Monday, January 12, 2009

Amen, List Universe!

Usually, I just read these and that's the end of it, but I feel I must pass on this top 10 list of the worst products ever. All I have to say is AMEN! Number 10, though, is by far my favorite--disposible eating implements. There is nothing worse then getting ready to sit down to a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, eaten off of....paper plates? What? And the china sits in the cabinet. There is a reason you have china, people!!! I recently hosted a dinner at my house, served on my china. And someone said to me, why don't you just use paper plates? Because 1. I have a dishwasher that my dishes can go in; 2. why have it to not use it? and finally, 3. because serving dinner on paper plates to guests is tacky. Not to mention the environmental impact.

Diet products (#8 on the list) kill me too--whats wrong with a little eating less and healthier coupled with some exercise?

Finally, number 1 - bottled water. And recently I heard that reusing the bottles is bad for you. Is this just another marketing ploy by the bottled water people? Solution: get reuseable water bottle. Fill it with tap water. Drink and enjoy. Because it is all the same anyway.

But I digress. Read the list!

No comments: