On the knitting front, since I've had to buy expensive text books (what's up with that anyway?) and I have to pay for tuition (no loans for this girl!) I have been doing a lot of stash busting. Going through my stores of yarn I realized I had way more than I thought, and I've decided to try to use it. Thus came the umbilical cord hat. This pattern is from the first Stitch 'n Bitch book. My husband's coworker just had a baby girl, so I knit this little hat up with some soft pink terry yarn I had. It is a simple pattern, and really cute. I had a lot more yarn, so I added some stitches and made a bigger hat for my 2 1/2 year old niece. The hats both took a couple hours each, no problem. Here is my niece, enjoying her new hat:
And closer, side view:
I'm currently working on knitting a cabled baby cardigan in the somewhat gender neutral pale yellow. The pattern is from a book of vintage Vogue patterns, I think this particular pattern is from 1950. It is nice to do something that takes a bit more effort that the easy hats I've been doing recently. The yarn is also some from my stash. Hopefully I will have enough to finish the sweater!
No comments:
Post a Comment