Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Books!

School has really forced me to cut back on my pleasure reading...which I hate! But I finally finished Eight Men Out: The Black Sox and the 1919 World Series by Eliot Asinof. I watched the movie on Turner Classic Movies some time ago, and got interested in the story. I found the book really good, factual but told the story like a novel. I felt it was sympathetic to the ballplayers, but that could be because I feel sympathetic towards them, maybe I was looking for it. I could totally see how they would throw the games after Cominskey paid them peanuts but threw lavish dinners for the sports writers. I think the book was written in the 60's, but I still really enjoyed it, especially since baseball season is almost back...Go Reds!

Now I'm onto Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched The World by Vicki Myron. It's an easier read, so I should fly through it, but already touching! I am a cat lover, and an emotional pregnant woman, but I know I'm going to cry reading this one...

No comments: