So I am 24 weeks pregnant, and some days it is great, other days I'm ready for it to be over. I feel great right now, the second trimester is the best! I'm not so tired anymore and my belly is not too huge yet. And I am getting extremely excited to meet and hold my new baby in 16 weeks or so.
That being said, here are the top three things that no one ever tells you before you are pregnant:
1. Constant runny nose. Here's what the good people at What to Expect When You're Expecting (or as my husband calls it, What to Suspect When You Are Suspecting) have to say about it: "High levels of estrogen and progesterone increase blood flow to all the body's mucous membranes, including the nose, causing them to swell and soften." What I do know is that it is annoying and I'm tired of it!!
2. Discharge. Lots of it. That is all that I'm going to say.
3. Night sweats. I have never had this problem before, so I have to assume it is pregnancy-related...all those lovely hormones coursing through my body. I wake up in the middle of the night soaked and uncovered, while my husband is happily ensconed in the comforter.
Something else that annoys me:
Everyone asks, "Do you know what you're having?" When I say we are not finding out, the usual response is "Oh how cool/exciting! That's great!" So why do so many people have to know what they are having ahead of time? As my mom says, would you open your Christmas presents early?
The funny thing is that people say they need to be able to decorate the room. I know of several people who said that, then ended up decorating in gender-neutral colors anyway! It does not bother me in the slightest that I don't know what it is, but it drives my best friend crazy...she said, "Can't you just let them tell me?" But I am forcing her into the suprise-fun too, whether she likes it or not!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment