Saturday, December 6, 2008

Finally there...

Just got out of the car. A three hour car trip took us five. I hate snow! There were a ton of accidents on the way. Surprisingly, a lot of the cars spun out were SUVs.

On the way, with all my spare time, I knit a tracker style hat. Pattern can be found here. However, it turned out too big...so I'm going to try to shrink it, or try it again with a different yarn. Once I reach success, I will post pics.

Also, I finished a book called The Real Toy Story by Eric Clark. A nice short read about the toy industry in America. It discusses the over sexualization of toys today for children, how toys today do not encourage imagination because they do everything for you, and of course, the horrible conditions in China, where 80% of American toys are manufactured. A real eye opener that will certainly make me think before I buy another toy for my nieces and nephews.

No comments: