Monday, December 8, 2008
Good Read
Yesterday on the way back home I started and finished An Exact Replica of a Figment of my Imagination by Elizabeth McCracken. A very compelling memoir, one of the best memoirs I've read. I saw somewhere that this is one of the top books of 2008. The author and her husband are expecting their first child, but in the ninth month something goes wrong and she delivers a stillborn. A heartwrenching story, one that I suspect many women can identify with, whether they have had a calamity (as Elizabeth calls it) or any type of miscarriage. I would highly recommend it to anyone, especially anyone who has experience any type of this loss. As Elizabeth points out, it helps to know there is someone else out there who has been through such a tramatic event, and that you are not alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment