And side view:
So, since I used pure wool, I ran it through my hot wash for a cycle. I didn't think it would need an entire cycle, but I kept checking it and the hat didn't shrink as much as I anticipated. Of course, if I were more patient, I would have test felted a patch...but I got lucky this time and it came out just right! Here it is felted and the correct size (But don't mind the awful photography and bad skin):
And side view:
I had never felted Rowan wool before, but I rather liked how it came out nubby. And, I think the cables still look good. Since it's felted, it will be super warm, but itchy, as wool tends to be...you can't have it all!
And since she can't stand to not see what I'm doing when I'm on the computer, here is my crazy cat:
No comments:
Post a Comment